Healthy Mouth, Healthy Body
Did you know that the mouth is a window into the health of the body? It can show us signs of nutritional deficiencies, certain cancers, systemic diseases or general infections. There is a strong link between a healthy mouth and a healthy body, so having strong oral hygiene habits is an important step in maintaining one's overall health. Brush your teeth twice daily, clean between your teeth with floss, eat a balanced diet and don't forget to schedule regular dental checkups. Your dentist is an important part of your health care team!
Online Dental Education Library
Our team of dental specialists and staff strive to improve the overall health of our patients by focusing on preventing, diagnosing and treating conditions associated with your teeth and gums. Please use our dental library to learn more about dental problems and treatments available. If you have questions or need to schedule an appointment, please contact us at (209) 526-0913.
There are many methods for relieving oral pain. They include:
- Ice packs on the affected area.
- Avoiding hard candy or ice.
- Avoiding sleeping on your stomach.
Dentists use a wide array of pain management tools, including:
- Anesthetics such as Novocaine.
- Analgesics such as aspirin or ibuprofen.
- Sedatives, including a procedure known as "conscious sedation" or general sedation (also known as "deep sedation").